Tuesday, January 17, 2012

It's all good.

The beginning of a brand new year is always time for reflection and if not a new set of resolutions, at least a bucket list of things I hope to accomplish in the new year. I think it is always because of this I have a biological urge to clean out and re-organize my entire studio. Which is not that big - just an unused dining room.  But usually this means I will end up involving the entire house and possibly the garage. Somebody stop me!

 
So happy to finally have my flat file where it belongs. Wonder why the painting is turned upside down
on the easel? Another of my UFO's from many years ago and it is not my vision any longer. I plan to gesso
over it and paint a desert landscape collage. 
U-shaped work tables, one swivel chair! Multi-tasking.

Yes, those are Red Solo Cups that fit perfectly inside a Costco retrieved box
that I will cover ASAP. Much better for me to have my pens and pencils where
I can see what I have. Otherwise I go out and buy more when I already had it!

More uses for Costco cartons. These interlock and are very sturdy. Hold all my little bottles of acrylic and fabric paints.

Whats up doc?

Still having problems with my site feed. If you are reading this okay it would really help me a lot if you would leave a quick comment. Really considering moving to another platform. TYVM. 

3 comments:

Judith said...

Your post looks A-OK to me (a new blog follower). Love the look of your studio. Will have to get some Costco boxes for my own studio! :)

Karen Cole said...

Thanks for the nice visit!

Your studio looks great and very efficient. I must get going on my own clean up and start organizing.

Milady said...

Melanie here! I enjoyed this piece, please email me--I have a question about your blog. MelanieLBowen[at]gmail[dot]com